With this beautiful spring weather, comes that urge to clean. Hence the name “spring cleaning”. It’s such a nice feeling to REALLY clean those base boards, donate things to Goodwill, and organize closets and draws. And although our houses would thank us if they could, our bodies would thank us if we did a “spring cleaning”. It’s smart to regularly flush out toxins that have built up in our systems. So, start today! Add a detoxifying cleanse while you spring clean your home. You’ll end up with a clean home and a body with more energy, a positive outlook and better health.
One of the simplest ways to naturally eliminate toxins from your body is by drinking more water and exercising. When you exercise you sweat. And, when you exercise it releases endorphins, which is a natural mood booster. Making your body sweat is a natural way to get your body to secret those toxins. But, drinking more water is crucial to making this detox push effective! Add some lime or lemon to your water for another additional boost of cleansing.
Here are some more ways to help your body eliminate toxins:
• Alternating between hot and cold water in the shower to help promote blood circulation to the skin
• Sitting in a sauna or hot tub to promote toxin elimination through sweating
• Getting a massage incorporating Young Living’s Ortho Sport®, Ortho Ease®, Relaxation™, or Sensation™ massage oils to help break up lactic acid buildup in the muscles
Young Living’s Juva products also provide a natural way to assist the body’s natural cleansing functions:
• JuvaCleanse® and JuvaFlex® essential oil blends help support the body’s digestive system.
• JuvaPower® and JuvaSpice® can be sprinkled on foods to add extra fiber and nutrients to your digestive system.
• JuvaTone® tablets provide vital nutrients to support a healthy digestive system.
Here are some examples of different types of internal cleanses. Be sure to consult with your health professional before starting a cleansing regimen.
The Master Cleanse
This is a simple and fairly easy liquid cleanse that you can do for up to 7–10 days:
• ½ fresh squeezed lemon
• 8 oz. of distilled water
• 1–2 tablespoons of grade B maple syrup or Young Living Blue Agave
• A pinch of cayenne pepper
Mix and drink 6–12 glasses daily.
Vital Life Juice Recipe
Young Living Founder and CEO D. Gary Young created this recipe over 25 years ago to provide concentrated nutrients.
• 3 ounces freshly sliced beet
• 1 oz. freshly sliced carrot
• 1 oz. freshly sliced celery
• 1/3 freshly sliced white radish
• 1 pinch of ginger
• 1/3 potato (optional)
Puree all ingredients in a blender and drink ¼–½ cup every 2–3 hours.
So, clean and conquer! And let me know how you felt afterward.